We have opening for Lead Financial Software Developer/C++
Location – Washington, DC
- Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units.
- Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams’ efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application.
- Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team.
- Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development.
- Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project.
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- At least 5 years’ experience in software engineering with C++.
- Good experience with applications design and software architecture.
- Experience with compute-intensive analytics and technical computing workload solutions.
- Good exposure/understanding of end to end software development. For Ex: Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Code Coverage, and DevOps.
- Understanding of design patterns, best coding practices, defensive programming.
- Understanding of fixed income products and analytics (MBS, Loans, Bonds, IR Derivatives, CMO, OAS, Duration, Convexity, KRD)
- Experience with sophisticated models (financial or scientific) and data analysis.
- Cloud experience, preferably with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with caching and virtualization technologies.