We have urgent opening for Sr. Contract Specialist
Location – Springfield, VA
Term – Permanent
Clearance – TS/SCI
The Senior Contract Specialist shall coordinate and execute contract close-outs with program offices (coordinate with Contract Representatives (COR), NGA/OCS personnel, Defense Financial & Accounting Service (DFAS), Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) (final audits), and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). This work shall be performed in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense (DOD) Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and NGA regulations and guidance documents set forth in Section 5.1 of this document. As a contract settlements team, the Contractor shall coordinate services in accordance with DFAR 207.503 S-70, audits, innovations, terminations, property disposition, and complex rate issues on cost contracts where the period of performance had ended. The Senior Contract Specialist shall also work closely with DCMA and DCAA in the process of closing out NGA contracts.
- Minimum 7 yrs. experience that demonstrates practicable knowledge of procurement practices and procedures including Government or commercial purchasing rental, or lease of supplies, and equipment through open-market methods, placement of purchase orders, placement of orders under blanket purchase agreements or under indefinite delivery contracts such as federal supply schedules, or other purchase procedures pertinent to contracting, contract negotiation, administration, or termination functions that included preparing solicitations, contract modifications, or supporting procurement documents, evaluating and reporting on performance of contractors in meeting contract terms.
- Bachelor’s Degree that includes 24 semester hours of study in any combination of the following fields: accounting, law, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management (this requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree).
- DAWIA Level III Certification
- Experience in supplies and service contracts is required; experience in formal source selections and research and development is desired
- Experience with supporting the preparation, generation, and performance of all contract close-out actions, documentation, and data entry into PRISM as required.